Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What is Once a Month Cooking

Once a month cooking is cooking and freezing meals to save time and money in the kitchen during the week. I have tried many ways of accomplishing this and actually cooking 30 meals at once it overwhelming to me so that went out the window. I tried breaking it down to 2 weeks at a time, a little better but still hard for me. Now what I do is when I am making something like spaghetti sauce or chili or something that I know will freeze good, I will put the extra in the freezer and I have that for later. If I want calzones in a week or two, I know I have the spaghetti sauce, all I need to do is make the rolls. As I plan my menus, I will let you know what will freeze good and you can make extra to put in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment